Frasier Forward: Construction News
Frasier Forward, a $90+ million construction project, includes The Prairies, a 98 independent living apartment building, a new Arts and Education Center, an expanded Wellness Center and extensive renovations of dining venues. The completion of the entire expansion is projected for the last quarter of 2019. For more information on The Prairies, click here.
Stay informed on all of our construction news and updates.
- The 2nd Floor Dining Room is now closed for renovation. The grand stairway between the 2nd and 1st floor shall remain open during most of the remodel work.
- Elevator #3 in The Peaks Central is now dedicated to construction work ONLY until the completion of the Sky Lounge renovation. The service elevator, located south of Elevator #3, is available to residents during this time.
- The southwest parking lot remains closed. Residents are to park in their assigned parking spots. Staff, contractors, and caregivers, please do NOT use the two smaller west front lots, and please avoid parking on Ponca Place.
- Sky Lounge: The ceiling drywall installation will start this week. Framing and drywall for the vertical exterior columns is in process as well as framing for the refuge area.
- Arts & Education Center: Final foundation walls and the lower level slab were poured last week. The steel for the lower level will be delivered and erected this week. The installation of the concrete block elevator shaft will start this week.
- The Prairies: North wing – The 1st floor deck pour will take place on Thursday, September 27, with the 2nd floor pour scheduled for October 2. Central wing – 1st floor steel beam installation is complete; 1st floor decking will be complete by the end of this week; the east tower is now complete. South wing – the final caisson was drilled last week. The east stair tower will be complete next week. Crews are prepping the ground level for a slab pour on October 4.
- 2nd Floor Dining/Marketing Suite – coordination for all trades is taking place, especially with the millwork and kitchen equipment supplier for the 2nd Floor Dining. Plumbing in the floor and walls is taking place in both spaces. Demo in the dining area is now in full swing.
Check out the Hard Hat Happenings, a weekly construction newsletter here.
WebCam1 (view of The Prairies – the new IL Building)
WebCam2 (view of the Arts & Education Center)
Thank you for your patience during our expansion! For questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our Frasier Forward master plan partners: